Thursday, August 20, 2015

Day by day

So, it seems pretty weird to be writing about how hard my life is now that I have 3 babies. When I started writing this I was trying for just one and would have been ecstatic to know that I would have these precious little souls to raise. But that doesn't negate the fact that it is hard. It's 11 at night and Abe is in the swing and Reagan is in a wrap on my chest and I'm tired. I sleep a couple of hours a night if I'm lucky. Tonight was supposed to be the first night we put Abe in his own bed in a bedroom with J. He seems to know what is up so he is ready to party. He is so sweet. Every time he catches my gaze he smiles so wide. I just love him so much.
It's next to impossible for me to even stay caught up on my housework. It takes me 2 hours to get everyone fed and changed and happy in the morning. And that doesn't include a shower for me and sometimes, a bra.
A couple of nights ago after a particularly harrowing afternoon, my husband called. I was on my way from picking up my son from lacrosse practice and Trav asked what was for dinner. Is he serious? My afternoon was nonstop babies and kids. But I did find time to dictate to my daughter what to make for dinner. Nice girl that she is she made dinner. I made green beans with the help of my boys.
I keep reminding myself that in 5 years it won't matter if my house was a mess or if my kids had toast for dinner. My babies are only little once and I don't want to miss a second of the preciousness of holding them and feeding them and even changing them. They are so special. It is amazing to me every day that I get to raise these wonderful, challenging children.

No comments:

Post a Comment