Thursday, November 28, 2013

6 1/2 week ultrasound results

There was a heartbeat!
While this is great news, it does not guarantee us a baby. We had a heartbeat with the last pregnancy and it still ended with a miscarriage. But we have reason to hope. Here is the link to that story: http://glutenators.blogspot.com/2011/08/im-ready-to-share-my-story.html
The doctor tried to see through my abdomen which was fine with me but I couldn't see anything so I assumed there was nothing there. It caught me by complete surprise when the doctor said he thought there was a heartbeat. When he did the ultrasound vaginally even I could see the heartbeat. 122 beats a minute. That seems slow to me but the doctor said it was fine.
I will have another ultrasound next week. Just for my peace of mind. Then I will see about spacing them out. My little sister lost a baby at 20 weeks so I think I will be paranoid the whole way or as far as we get.
I asked the doctor about reffing still. Sometimes I do 5 games in a row and I get exhausted. This week I will do 15 games. The doctor said there is no correlation between miscarriages and physical exertion. So I will continue reffing even though I just want to sit and let this baby grow. I recognize the very real fact that this pregnancy will most likely end in a miscarriage and I don't want to have to get back in shape and lose weight when that happens.
Such a mixture of emotions. It's crazy to try to keep up with them all.
This week my husband was rear ended on the freeway. We learned that the house we were buying isn't going to go through. Time to unpack all the boxes. We had foster kids for 3 days. And I got a cold sore. On my nose. Can't wait for life to slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment