Thursday, March 27, 2014

Life Goes On



“I always hated when my scars started to fade, 
because as long as I could still see them, 
I knew why I was hurting.” 





The other day, my husband and I were reffing together. I was excited to see a female ref that I had reffed with quite a bit in the high school season. When we had a second she asked how I was feeling and I was surprised. I wasn't sick. And then she referenced the pregnancy. I would have been 22 weeks at that point. I told her about the miscarriage. It was obvious she was caught off guard. But I was caught off guard too. Because I forgot that I was a "victim." I forgot about the miscarriage. I forgot to have my defenses up. I just forgot.
And this is a good thing. It means I'm moving on, sort of.
The other night when I was feeling particularly bratty I told my husband that I wanted to just throw a fit because of the unfairness of it all and he said, "still?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment